Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Monday, December 08, 2008
Oops, I Did it Again
No, I am not referring to my not blogging for a month (ok, so YES, I haven't). I am referring to two other things.

#1-opened up my big mouth and have ended up with yet another kid living here. Turns out three of the players on the hockey team my son is assistant coach for were living with the head coach. NOT a good move under the best of circumstances. Even worse when said coach has 2 children under the age of two, a wife trying to cope with two children under the age of two AND a hockey coach husband with some, shall we say, personality quirks? Add to the mix 3 boys ages 16 & 17 who are very normal teenaged boys. YIKES. All three decided to quit the team and go home. Jamie and I talked them out of it. Of course, this meant we needed to find homes for them (sound like stray puppies). Guess who volunteered?

It really isn't that bad. I actually only got one of them full time. Of course, they played a home series this weekend (and shut-out the #2 ranked team in the country- TWICE), so I actually had 6 of them here playing rock band, etc. Plus my 17 year old and HIS friends.

I should own a grocery store......But I wouldn't trade these kids for anything. I might get frustrated, and exasperated, but they keep me young.

#2- Once again, I purchased a book I already had. Actually- twice. I bought TWO copies of the same book at the same time. How's that for brilliant? Actually, in my defense, the book had two different sub-titles, leading me to believe they were two different but related books. Nope; same book. That's as bad as the publishing companies re-releasing a book years after the initial release and putting a new cover on it. I've fallen for THAT one a couple of times (now I check the original publication date and, if it's a re-release, I READ some of the first chapter. That's usually enough to jog my memory). But, I have no excuse for buying "Three Dimensional Embroidery" by Janet Edmonds as it's sitting right here on the shelf in my studio! D'uh. And I even have a book inventory list I made in Excel so I can check by title or author! Of course, I didn't check.

So, anyone want a copy?? Half off and you pay shipping. Otherwise, my local library will be gaining another book from me (they are thinking of naming a room after me since that's where all my books go when I am done with them).

Sigh.

Now, what the heck do I fix for dinner????
posted by Teri Springer @ 2:47 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.