Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Friday, December 12, 2008
Holiday Meme From Gerrie
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Either- I put Amaretto in my hot chocolate for extra warming power

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? We no longer bother with this except for with my sister's kids (boy- 9, twin girls-7). I told everyone to make a donation to the Cheff Therapeutic Riding Center for me this year and the boys already have their gifts; my BFF and I exchanged gifts Wednesday and then went out to dinner.

Colored lights on tree or white? Actually, my tree in Canada is white and pre-lit. I decorate with green and blue ornaments and ribbon.

When do you put your decorations up? Well, I will get there Sunday so, sometime after that.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Don't have one.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child: My dad's brother got married at Christmas time (don't remember the exact date but it may have been Christmas Eve) when I was three. I remember how beautiful the church was. Right in the middle of the (Catholic) ceremony/mass I asked (after a hymn and in a very loud voice in a stone church) "Mom, when are they going to play Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer??" The other thing I remember was riding around on Roosevelt's shoulders at the reception. His wife was my Aunt Marge's housekeeper/nanny and I remember Roosevelt as the biggest man I had ever seen (considering my uncle was 6'4" he must have been pretty big). Years later I saw a photo from the reception....I hadn't even realized that he was black! I guess because our family was pretty much colour-blind. Annie and Roosevelt WERE family.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don't remember, maybe 8 or 9. I think my next door neighbor's older sister told me.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to wait until Christmas morning when I was a kid. In my ex's family we would go to Granny and Pa's (later, sister Shelly's since she had the largest house) on Christmas Eve but saved the immediate family gifts for the morning.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? See above. I have a HUGE collection of ornaments here in Michigan but, since I go to Nova Scotia, I quit decorating here too. Someday I hope to move everything up there so I can go hog wild.

Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, love it, love it. It's snowing right now and it looks beautiful!!

Can you ice skate? My mom was an ice dancer and competed; her partner was a guy by the name of Michael Kirby who was, I guess, pretty famous. I had skates on my feet as soon as I could stand. Am I any good?? Heck NO. Just call me "Grace."

Do you remember your favorite gift? My first horse.

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and helping out others less fortunate than we are (I do this all year but I can get more out of family and friends at this time of year- that good old Catholic guilt.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas cookies.

What is your favorite tradition? Baking cookies.

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? I love to give.

What is your favorite Christmas Song? I’ll Be Home for Christmas

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum!

Ever recycled a Christmas present? Actually, yes. I just don't need more stuff so, if some wonderful but misguided soul buys me something I find someone who would love it and give it away.

Ok, time to go bake more cookies! I'll be outta here (and sitting at the airport) in 24 hours.....
posted by Teri Springer @ 8:38 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.