Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Dangerous Borders
I stumbled across this on Jeanne Williamson's blog:



You can also read about her in this article, "Keene artist had hard time getting back into US, Woman was detained by Customs and Border Protection because of an SUV sketch she made for artwork," on October 4, 2008, by Lohr McKinstry.

I had to laugh...this could be me! Not that I have ever knit or crocheted anything like this but, oy, all the times I cross the border! Only once has anyone wanted to open my vehicle and look about (it was a woman, US border guard in Niagara Falls). The guys take one look at all the crap I have crammed in my car and decide not to even try! Funny thing is, she was detained at the same border crossing I use coming to the US from Nova Scotia! I have always sailed right through there....good thing because I usually have to have a pee so I stop at the Tim Horton's and use their facilities and grab another cuppa.

Today is supposed to be a baking day. I made a double batch of sugar cookie dough and it is in the fridge chillin'. Can I find my rolling pin?? Of course not. I was picturing it in my head and then realized the one I was picturing is in the right hand set of drawers in my kitchen....in CHESTER. I am pretty sure I have one out at the farm but it's really crappy out and I don't feel like driving over there so I think I will call my ex and see if our son can pick it up on his way home from the BB game tonight....Guess I could do some laundry today instead of baking.
posted by Teri Springer @ 12:22 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Sherryl said…

    That would be hysterical if it weren't a sad state of affairs. Good luck with the guys... they will eat you out of house and home! Yes, I am jealous over the mussels. Maybe we can arrange to overnight some next summer.. cheaper than a trip back to NY for me!! hahah.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.