Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Something More Traditional
Since I can't show the piece I am making for the show in the UK I thought I would show you a piece I am making for my sister. She has a beautiful home in Chester, Nova Scotia (where I live in the summer) and it is very Victorian (tho it is a rather new home). So I am making the following for her. I didn't want to do the "predictable" layout so I tried something different.
















This is the first arrangement I made. Nope, not working for me.


Yep, that's better....













Does anyone else who has Neocounter get excited by seeing where visitors to their blog come from?? I just love checking it, especially "recent cities." I hope at least some of these people enjoy the blog and will come back from time-to-time.....

And we have our tickets for Lake Tahoe at the end of the month. I am taking my son and two of his friends to Squaw Valley for 5 days of snowboarding. We will actually be there a week but there won't be much snowboarding the day we get there as we arrive in Reno at 3pm and probably won't get to the resort much before dinner time. And the day we leave our flight leaves at 8am so we will have to catch a really early shuttle to the airport....I figure 5 days is plenty. My son wasn't happy we were coming home on the last Friday of spring break but I think we are all going to need Saturday and Sunday to recover.....not to mention do laundry. Still, I am looking forward to the trip more than I thought I would. I will take some hand quilting with me and some knitting, a few books and I will make myself at home in the lodge or in front of the fireplace in our room. Maybe a dip in the heated pool....we are staying at the Resort at Squaw Creek where AQT (Art Quilt Tahoe) is held and it's a beautiful place. Thankfully the lodge is only at about 6500 feet because I get an instant altitude headache at 7000......

teri...off to do more data entry for 2007's taxes- yuck.
posted by Teri Springer @ 2:47 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.