Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Oh My- Two in One Day!
Yes, I am posting again. I was just finishing up quilting some small pieces that I started in an abstraction workshop with Sue Benner. Of the stack of photos I took with me I ended up using one from Race Week in Chester. We were to work quickly, use a limited palette of fabrics and simplify. In one piece Sue asked us to evoke a feeling or word. So, here are 3 pieces that are pretty much done. Two still need facings and all three need to be mounted on black foam core and then I will have them put in simple frames for my home in Chester. These pieces were "practice" for a larger piece I would like to do.

So:

The three that are quilted. The little one was the last one I did; I am not sure how it ended up smaller than the rest. But, the feeling I was trying to evoke was "ominous."

This is the first one I did. I like it but, as Sue pointed out, it feels somewhat static.

Detail- white caps

Detail- wind; the sky fabric is a netting that I have no idea where I bought it or why but I'm glad I did.

The same idea but much more simplified and less static. Again, a really neat fabric that I purchased with no reason other than I liked it.


Detail

Again- the "ominous" one. I believe that sky fabric is one I got from Desi Vaughn. At first I thought it was one of mine, dyed with "Stormy Sky" but it is painted, not dyed and the metallic in it really makes me believe it's a Desi....


Detail
posted by Teri Springer @ 7:00 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Teri those are absolutely wonderful. I think the Ominous piece is very aptly named. Great job!

    Kelly H

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Shirley Goodwin said…

    Hoo! That last sky is indeed ominous. You've managed to put a lot into a small space. And Teri - buying fabric just cos you like it is a perfectly valid reason!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.