Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Monday, February 04, 2008
Just Another Snowy Day in Michigan (2/1/08)
Anyone who has visited Hawai'i should recognize the title as being "borrowed" from a ubiquitous bumper sticker (well, ubiquitous if you live in Hawai'i) that declares: "Just Another Shitty Day in Paradise."

Yep, it's snowing here. Again. Still. Once again the boys don't have school. That means Joey will be in bed until noonish and then want to go snowboarding (let's see, the roads are bad enough that the school buses won't go out for a school that is 8 miles away but HE wants to drive to Bittersweet Ski Area that is 20 miles away.....and he doesn't understand why I won't let him). Ben is up (at the crack of 10:15) and making his breakfast. He'll study and watch DVD's all day.

Me, I'm still without my sewing machine so I guess I will clean my studio. But, before I go, here are some pictures of the view from my front AND back porches!

The actual view from the front door (you didn't think I was actually going to go OUT, did you??)

My pretty new Highlander Hybrid. Only 500 miles on it. I had thought of a name for it but, since I was in bed at the time and half asleep, of course, I can't remember what I decided on.

The view out back. I DID open the door for this one and yes, I have been out. The dog demands it. Thankfully a couple of local snowmobilers (I'm guessing kids with no school) had already been by this morning so, once I waded my way out to their tracks walking was a lot easier. Now, I want to know HOW those kids parents got them out of bed so early on a snow day!

Oh, and the smoke detector is still cheerfully bleeping away. I finally bought yet another new 9volt so will climb up there today and try to get it to shut up before I rip it out of the ceiling.

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 9:25 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.