Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Monday, December 03, 2007
Now We're Moving!!
Today has been one of those days where I have been totally unable to keep track of time. I got 6 packages ready to ship via FedEX to my sister in Canada. Mostly Christmas gifts but a couple of things for my condo. Larger stuff will have to wait to go with me in the summer. Between shipping costs and the duty there's no way I am shipping my hall runner, mini-stereo, 13" TV, etc. As it is the cost of sending these gifts will be high. Sigh. So now I am waiting for the FedEx guy to get here. Poor dog- ran him outside for a quick sprinkle and that was it.

Then I started getting fabrics ready to throw together a Christmas table runner for my family in Nova Scotia. All are ironed and ready to be cut.

Then the mail came. I have two new knitting toys!! One is a magnetic chart thing that allows me to keep track of where I am- now that I am getting into these fancy charts and things! The other is a set of interchangeable nickle-plated circular needles from Knit Picks. I decided I needed these as I never have the right size needle for the job and got tired of having to put aside patterns I wanted to do simply because of this. The great thing is, there are two sets of two cables (23" and 9"- I think) and cable ends, so I can use them as regular needles and I can do socks using circs instead of dps (of course- I already have a full set of dps and I have no clue how to knit socks with circs- but I have directions!!). I am SO happy!! I have this throw I am working on and this will make it so much easier! I was using sticky notes to mark my place in the pattern and it was taking two notes to make it through the repeat one time!! (36 rows). Anyway, the pattern is actually for a shawl but I am making multiple "shawls" and knitting them together to make one large throw in multiple colors. It will look great in my living room in Chester.

Last project for the day...I am in yet another postcard exchange. This is with the original Art2Mail group and I feel really bad that, as always, I am running behind (wayyyyy behind). But I am printing out on "Printed Treasures" fabric some stuff to get these done and in the mail. Hopefully before I go to Chester for Christmas. Anyway, am I being too perverse by making tulip postcards???? As much as I love winter I am SO looking forward to seeing what my flowerbeds here in Michigan look like in the spring and then to doing some major planting in Chester next summer.

Ok, I'll shut up and load pictures.....

This is my ironing board- home made. 4'x3' 1/2" plywood with a double layer of cotton batting and the silver ironing board cover fabric- all stapled on in the back. Mostly I just leave it on the table top and put the cutting mat on top when I need to cut.

The same ironing board in use- ironing the Christmas fabrics for a table runner.

See, I AM perverse (ok, you knew that already) but aren't these tulips yummy? I have so many new ones planted I can't wait to see them in the spring.

Finally, the new knitting toys.

Wow, two posts in two days. I AM on a roll! Ok, back to work!!
posted by Teri Springer @ 3:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.