Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Christmas in Nova Scotia
As you can probably guess, it's been a busy 9 days (ok, 8 1/2). I got in very late - actually arriving on the 21st. I drove out to my home in Chester, dragged my suitcases in, dumped them in the living room, dug out the jammies and was in bed at 2AM. SInce then it has been pretty much non-stop until today.

It's great because we are having snow, snow and more snow which is unusual around here. One of the effects of global warming has been that the South Shore of Nova Scotia has been getting more rain and ice than snow the last few winters. But not this winter!! It has been snowing all day today and it looks lovely. Hopefully it won't warm up too much the rest of my trip so the snow will stay and not turn to slush and then freeze. I was supposed to go into Halifax with my brother today to go to the Marilyn Monroe exhibit at the Nova Scotia Art Museum but we decided to stay put. Just as well....I have been watching the World Junior Championships (hockey) and the Cze team just beat Slovakia (an intense rivalry). Next up is Team Canada and Sweden. So far the Canadian team has beaten the CZE team and the Slovakians and allowed no goals. The Swedes will be a bit tougher although their defence is a bit suspect. Here's hoping the Canadian team continues in it's winning ways. The US team is in the other division so the two teams won't meet until the finals, if at all. Last year's final was so good with Team USA finally losing to Team Canada in a shoot-out. Ironically, the player (Jonathan Toews) for Team Canada who scored on 3 shots is now the roommate of the Team USA player (Patrick Kane) who did not score- they both play for the Chicago Blackhawks. Bet they have some interesting conversations!!

Ok, off hockey.

I have decided that, for my "New Year's Resolution" (FWIW) I am going to rededicate this blog to my art and move the day-to-day stuff to my other blog,"The View From My Front Porch" Since I didn't bring any quilt stuff with me I am now going to pop over to the other blog to post pictures from this trip. But, first, I will post a shot I am going to use for a quilt.....



This is on Hwy 329 going to Blandford, NS- this is a stream that empties into a little bay on the Atlantic.

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy, Healthy New Year!!

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 12:09 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.