Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
OY!!!
Ok, I am suffering from sticker shock.....well, shipping shock.

I went to the IKEA web site to order one of the "Alex" carts like Melody Johnson(http://fibermania.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html - what ever happened to the "link" option in blogger???) bought. It looked perfect for my needs and would fit nicely under my work table. So, I placed the order not really paying attention once I had chosen the item (onlu $119- reasonable, I thought). I had just completed putting in my CC info and hit the button when I looked at the total! Over $400!!!! Yikes! I thought I had maybe bought two by accident so I rechecked. Nope; only ordered one at $119- but the shipping was just shy of $290!!!!! HOLD THE PHONE!!!!! Sorry. No way, Jose. Now, the closest IKEA's to me are in Detroit and Chicago (6 of one, hald a dozen of the other as far as distance but I know the Chicago area better). I KNOW I can drive there and back for a LOT less than $290!!!

So, no Alex for me until I have the time to make a road trip!

Oh, had a WONDERFUL time at the Fabrications Retreat Oct. 10-13th. SHared a Villa with Carol Myers and Gina Flatly and a table with Peg Keeney in our class with Laura Cater-Woods. Peg and I had multiple "Ah-ha" moments (that are MUCH better than multiple orgasms as the latter only lasts a few seconds while the former leads to bigger and better things). All in all it was great and I am "starting over"; as in, I am paring my work down to the bare bones: simple shapes, lots of color and simple stitch to enhance the shapes and color by adding some texture. I am not saying I will abandon thread painting entirely but, for now, I am going to concentrate on the color, shapes and textures of the surface....I tried to upload a pciture of a mini-piece I did one day at Fabrications but Blogger wouldn't take it....

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 5:34 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Suzanne Earley said…

    ROFLOL. I had the same thing happen to me with a bigger item from IKEA -- it was like $500 for the cabinet, but nearly $300 for shipping! Our nearest IKEA is in the Twin Cities, so hopefully my DH will take me for a long weekend so I can get the cabinet I want.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger DubiQuilts - Debbi said…

    If you come to the IKEA is Schaumburg I live only 3 miles from there. You have to come and stay with us. I will clean the house just for you.

    The new IKEA is in Bollingbrook and may be a bit closer for you.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Gerrie said…

    I want to see a picture!! I am part of a challenge group that has a blogger blog. I have a hard time with pics.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.