Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Yep- I'm Here
Yes, I made it to Chester, Nova Scotia just fine. Arrived on July 3rd- exhausted but happy to be here. Kaiser and I spent that night in the condo; he slept on the floor and I slept on an Aerobed.

So, why haven't I posted?? Well, let's see: I had to get appliances and furniture, get shades for the windows and a bunch of stuff done. I really have been busy! When I do have the time to sit at the computer I am so tired it is all I can do to read my email and my regular blogs. I am still waiting for a futon, recliner and two end tables that are coming today. My central vac got hooked up yesterday and the last of the shades for my bedroom and some other stuff got hung up. Some friends from Florida are here but just until tomorrow so I am supposed to meet them and the folks in Lunenburg after my furniture arrives.

The Tall Ships festival was this past weekend in Halifax. I didn't go down as many of the ships are now in Lunenburg so I will see them there.

Joey arrives Thursday night and will be spending most of his time swimming at his cousin's and playing golf. He can join the Chester Golf Club for free since he's under 19. I can join for free in 2009 or pay to join now. I think I will wait and just pay to play when (if) I want.

The weather has been hit-and-miss. The day the tall ships came in was terribly foggy and it has been foggy and chilly a lot. Saturday was beautiful tho and we (my sister,her kids, Kaiser and I) went to a party at Mack Lake given by the wonderful owners of the Rope Loft (a Chester institution- good food, good drinks and great people) Derrick and Elaine. Yesterday was pretty too and today is shaping up to be the same....sun, high clouds and temps around 26 (he, he- I am finally getting used to the temps being listed in degrees C).

Sunday we had a lobster party- I went to Fox Point to pick up the lobbies. Only got one picture on the way there as my camera battery went dead.....

So, here are some photos of Chester and my new home:

I am at the northern most point of what is known as the Front Harbor

The kitchen from the side entrance

Dining area and living room from the side entrance

Dining room and living room from the kitchen

Side entrance

I will post more later but right now I want to finish the binding on a quilt.

Oh, and please note the updated picture of moi......
posted by Teri Springer @ 9:47 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Gerrie said…

    It is about time that you got out of the creepu winter garb!! Hope you are enjoying your summer.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Marlene said…

    Glad to see that winter is gone!
    Are you permently going to live in Nova Scotia or just for the summer?

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger teri springer said…

    I will be here this summer until August 20th. Joey and I will drive home then as his 16th birthday is the 23rd. Next summer I hope to be here a bit earlier and stay a little later. Once Joey graduates in 2010 I plan to stay here until the end of October every year.

    teri

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger DubiQuilts - Debbi said…

    It is good to hear from you and that all is well up North!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Toni said…

    teri, what a lovely place you are living in...I live in gods country in the summer but you are in year round bliss...thanks for visiting my blog...Toni

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.