Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Monday, April 30, 2007
Checking In
Well, if I could update my picture today it would be wearing rain gear...It has been overcast and wet ever since I arrived in Nova Scotia. Drove home from the airport Friday night in a deluge and the Chevy Aveo I was driving was not something I would want to hit something in or be hit in (no butt on the thing...literally, it looks like they forgot to finish the car. But, I made it.

Here I sit in my sister's kitchen with no camera and there is this beautiful cock pheasant right out the window posing for me. Really. He has given me multiple angles- both profiles, front shot, back shot, from the back with the flirty glance over the shoulder....he's a real ham. Then there's the female mallard who has decided the pool is hers. Oh, and the lovely female white tail who strolled through the back yard a few minutes ago. Add to that the normal complement of huge crows, blue jays, etc. and it's a regular little wildlife camp here. Kathy has a tad over two acres here and the house is on the front of it so much is still wooded. It's lovely. Now if mum just hadn't taken the camera with her to the city!

Kath is at work, brother David is down the street at the rental house enjoying his peace and quiet, mum and dad are in Halifax looking for stuff for their almost complete condo, bil Steve is in FLA working and the kids are all at school. Chez Glass is having their preseason sale in Chester...so why am I sitting here?? Well, first because mum also wanted to go to Chez Glass but mainly because I put a bid in on a house in the village and I am waiting to hear back from the realtor. I know the sellers will have to counter but the question is, how far down will they (actually, she) come?? So I sit here, ready to chew my nails to the quick and turning grayer but the minute......I hope this doesnt drag on too long because I want to go into Halifax tomorrow to see the Gee's Bend exhibit and an exhibit by a local quilt artist at the Mary Black Gallary. But, getting this house is a priority. I won't post any pictures of it (I used mum's camera) because I don't want to jinx it but please, everyone, pray really hard!!!

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 11:03 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Gerrie said…

    How exciting! I am hopin' and prayin' for you to get the house. Then maybe I can come and visit!! I just recently saw that the Gee's Bend quils are In Halifax - lucky you.

    Have a great trip.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Dying to Quilt said…

    Hi Teri,
    Thanks for your nice comments about my book! If you send me your address (vivrider1@yahoo.com) I will send you one for free. If you like it you can spread the word. Did you get the house??
    Vivian
    http://dyingtoquilt.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Louise in SW Saskatchewan said…

    Whose exhibit did you go see at the Mary Black gallery? Just curious.

    Louise in SW Saskatchewan

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.