Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Saturday, March 10, 2007
On A Roll
Must have something to do with the sun being out and the temp, at 9:40am is already 55!! So, today's agenda includes trying to figure out a problem I am having with Quickbooks, taking down the rest of my outdoor Christmas decorations (I am scared to death of heights so I refused to get up on the ladder to take the lights down until the weather got nice), finish measureing out the warp for my kitchen towels, winding warp length bundles of some wool and silk for the acid dyeing class on the 17th and FINALLYgetting into the studio!!

Anyway, here is some of what I have been up to:

Socks made with yarn from Zen Yarn Garden- when the yarn arrived I was disappointed as it seemed thin but it knitted up really nice and very soft. Disappointment returned when the previously bright color washed out significanly the first time I washed them

Socks made with beautiful yarn from Sophie's Toes, this pair is made with a color called "Christmas Lights". I get lots of attention at my son's physical therapy appointments as I sit there and knit for the 1-2 hours we are there.

Latest pair of socks I am working on, again in a yarn from Sophie's Toes; this yarn is different from the yarn Emily is now selling but I like it, maybe not quite as much as her current yarn; but this color is perfect for me. Oh, and her yarn doesn't fade with the first wash.

Winding my warp on my warping board. It should be firmly attached to a wall but it's just as well I never got around to that as my studio is not accessible right now so....I wind warps in the living room.

Finally, some of the already wound warp. I don't have enough of the yellow to use it in the weft as well (as I had planned)and the color-way was back ordered at Halcyon so I have a lighter yellow and a yellow-orange that I will use.

And now I must post this so I can shut everything else on this computer and open up my Quickbooks. Maybe I should go take the Excedrin now.....
posted by Teri Springer @ 9:38 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Roxanne said…

    Hi Teri...sorry, what yarn were you using that it faded so much?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.