Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Is It Spring Yet?
It has been so warm out- 78 yesterday. Now the cooler air (I hesitate to say cold as it is above freezing) has moved back in. Had some thundershowers last night so, yes, this sounds like spring in the Great Lakes.

My house is still in a state of disruption. This morning I lost it with an electrician. She had parked her truck in the middle of my driveway so I couldn't get out, the truck from Lowe's with my carpet and padding was sitting in the middle of the street waiting to unload and my son needed to be taken to school. I ran downstairs to ask her to move and she was talking to someone on her cell. I told her I needed to talk to her and she waved me off and turned and walked away. I then said "I need you to...." and she turns around and says "I heard you the first time." If she had been my kid her cell phone would have gone airborne and she would have been sporting a red handprint on her cheek for the tone and attitude. Instead I just told her "NO, I need you to move your truck NOW." Oy.

Anyway, it IS almost done. The tile guys are here right now doing the bathroom floor and bar area backsplash. Hopefully another week to a week & a half. This really isn't bad considering my dad and stepmom's condo has just a little more square footage than my basement and their remodel STILL isn't done and it's been going on since early last summer!

And now....more flowers from the sunroom:

Blossoms on the Meyers Lemon: they smell as good as the orange blossoms did

A Perfect Single Tulip


The Bouquet of Tulips I just HAD to have!

Largest of the Blood Oranges; some of the smaller ones fell off; I suspect I forgot to pollinate them

Finally, some quilting. This is the large piece I started in Laura Cater-Woods' class at Fabrications last October. I have been so out of it all winter I hadn't touched it until this week when the painter who came to do the specialty finishes in my basement started commenting on how much he liked my work...and he is a muralist with a good rep here in west MI. Fired me right up! Altho I am sure the nice weather helped get me out of my slump too. Then a posting by Thelma Smith in the Alternative Quilts Group really gave me a good push too. So, I am off to round up paperwork to send to my dad, my accountant and then I will be in the studio! DO NOT DISTURB!! Yee Haaaaa!
posted by Teri Springer @ 10:47 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    This in-progress work is fabulous. I can't wait to see more. Isn't it wonderful to feel motivated? Make the most of it!

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger PaMdora said…

    Hi Teri, Thanks for your kind offer. I've tried to reply for a week now, but my emails keep bouncing. Don't know how else to get a hold of you, Hope you get this.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger dee said…

    Hey Teri, that's me(northport) on your neocounter. I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch. You've been way busy though. The piece you're working on-can't wait to see more. I laughed when I saw your comment on Tommy's blog..Bitches...hehe

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger TutleyMutley said…

    You were very assertive with the electrician. (That said admiringly from a passive aggressive knitwit). And isn't it cool when you get complimentary comments from someone who is qualified to give them? Sounds like you had good day, long may they continue...
    I like the pics. You lost me with the comment about pollination.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.