Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Saturday, March 10, 2007
The Art of Quilting & A Correction/Apology
I was flipping thru the guide on my satellite to find the music I wanted to listen to while fighting with Quickbooks and just happened to come across our PBS station listing and, oh looky, The Art of Quilting is on at 10:30!! Well, of course I had to take a break (well, not really as I hadn't gotten started yet) and watch. What fun to see Laura, and Frieda, and Melody and Emily (yes, Emily of "Sophie's Toes" sock yarn fame). Being a graduate of the Chicago School of Fusing I just had to watch. Was also great to see George in the flesh!

So, of course I had to pledge and get the DVD.....

While I was watching I was also straightening out my knitting holder (a cool hat box from Tuesday Morning) and I came across the label for the yarn that faded. I owe Zen Yarn Garden an apology. I haven't knitted up their yarn yet. The yarn that faded so significantly on the first wash was from Seacoast Handpainted Yarns. Still, it does feel wonderful and the colors are still pretty, just not what I had expected. I have another skein from them that I will knit up and hope it doesn't fade quite as much....

Ok, now I HAVE to get to work....

teri...queen of procrastination among other things.....
posted by Teri Springer @ 10:56 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Roxanne said…

    Oh, hi Teri...sorry, didn't read this post...LOL I thought maybe you knit with some cotton yarn that I had dyed...it is so finicky when dyeing and I was worried about fading because cotton seems to not hang onto the dye as well as wool does. Was it bamboo blend yarn from Seacoast? That bamboo is tough to dye too.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Omar Cruz said…

    Head Shop, Herbal Grinders ,Bongs, Glass Pipe. Visit us for more info at: http://www.headshopinternational.com/

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger hollyk said…

    Hi Teri-
    I am very sorry to hear that your Seacoast Yarn faded on you; I have not heard of this happening to others, and I take it very seriously. I would like to make amends by replacing the faulty skein. Please go to seacoasthandpaintedyarnsDOTcom to contact me via email and perhaps we can fix this!
    Holly, of Seacoast Handpainted Yarns

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.