Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Friday, February 16, 2007
What's Going on at Chez Loon-a-tic
By now I think most regular readers (hi Gretchen) know I am having my basement finished. This will add close to 1600 sq. feet of living space to my condo. Yes, it's a mess....especially at this time of year. Good thing I was already planning on having the upstairs carpet ripped out and replaced (mostly) with laminate.

Anyway, here's a brief tour of what's been done so far (click on photos for a full size view):
this is the view into my dye studio from the door. Explains clearly why I can't do any dyeing. The sink is behind the air mattress and the counter is to the right....somewhere.


Next is a view from what will be the recreation/home theater area into Joey's room.


And here we see the reverse view from Joey's room into the entertainment area. The far wall is where the entertainment unit is going. On the right is where the bar with sink, mini-fridge and microwave will be.


The entertainment area is "L" shaped and I am standing in the bottom of the "L" looking towards the storage area and dye studio. The hot water heater will be gone and replaced by a tankless unit that will go in the subcloset behind Joey's walk-in closet. The sub-closet already has the water softener in it. That way the only structure that will be in the way in the studio will be the furnace. I would have moved that too but it would have cost too much. The studio will have a 9 x 12' design wall that is the back wall of the bathroom. I am putting smooth ceiling tile up as I have found it to be great for a design wall and it's easy to take down to replace damaged tiles (they are 2' x 4' and go up easily with drywall screws).


Finally, a shot of my blood orange tree. At this point it had 5 fully open blossoms and the sun room smells wonderful. 4 of the 5 are nearly spent but there are many more waiting to open. Now the question is if any of the blossoms will result in fruit. Also, I am still waiting to see if the Key limes and the Meyers lemon will bloom this year.
posted by Teri Springer @ 10:32 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said…

    Looks like you will have an amazing space when all the renovation work is done!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger teri springer said…

    I sure hope so. I can't wait for it to be done!! Of course, then we do the upstairs but all that needs to be done up there is painting and new flooring.

    teri

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Gerrie said…

    What am i - chopped liver - one of your most regular blog readers!! I don't always comment, but I check in every time you say something!!!!

    gonna be a cool studio.

    My husband just listed the original 6 for me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.