Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
A Great Read
I am a voracious reader. I inhale books. Sometimes I deliberately limit myself to one chapter a day just to make a good book last longer. I couldn't do that with this book...it was that good.

If you don't read any other book all year, please read "Lily's Ghost" by Cheryl Drake Harris. It came out this past July and I just picked it up the other day at Target. It is her first book and, if she continues to write like this I have found another writer to add to my list of favorites. The story is about a doctor, Lily Townsend, who serves in Viet Nam just before and up to the Tet Offensive. The story actually takes place 11 years later when she is married with a 5 year old son. The story moves back and forth between her present and Nam. I won't say anything else except read it and let me know what you think.

Oh, and, if anyone is interested today I am officially a single woman. The judge waived the 180 day waiting period for a divorce that is required in Michigan when there is a minor child involved. Of course, it's already been over 90 days since we filed. So, I am now divorced...

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 1:02 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger VickyTH said…

    Wow. That must feel liberating... yet odd. I can't even begin to imagine.

    What socks are you knitting now? I'm suffering from sock addiction. I think it's a form of quilting/textile art avoidance. Or procrastination. I'm good at that too, it would seem.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger FunkyC said…

    Congratulations? When I saw you in October, you were optomistic about this new bend in the road...hope that's still true.

    Socks: just found some yellow specked grass green cotton I dyed several yrs ago. I'm thinking spring socks.

    Anything on the design wall?

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger teri springer said…

    I will try to post pics of the socks- 1 pair done and about 1/2 done with the second sock of the second pair....I get lots of knitting done while waiting for Joey at therapy 3 days a week. Also will take some pics of the design wall.....

    teri

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.