Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Friday, January 12, 2007
Winter Flowers & New Yarn
Well, I haven't been very creative yet. Between cleaning up from Christmas, getting ready for construction (getting the basement finished) and the crappy weather giving me a royal case of SAD I just haven't had much energy or ambition. Hopefully the wintery weather headed this way will help my spirits (it's been rainy here most of the winter and I hate it).

Any way- prior to Thanksgiving I went to Lowe's for some reason (I am there so often I can't remember what I went for). On the way in I passed a display of severely marked down spring flowering bulbs. I grabbed a bag of narcissus bulbs that had just kinda-sorta started to sprout. Hey, for a buck I figured it was worth a try. I have never tried forcing bulbs before. I bought some pots and potting soil (had some plants that needed repotting anyway).

Well, the bulbs, pots and potting soil came home and sat, and sat and sat......Last week I finally got around to repotting my parlor palm and the bulbs. I wasn't real optimistic since I had just read an article about forcing Narcissi (??) and it said that only Paperwhites can be forced without hardening (putting them in a cold environment for 6-8 weeks to trick them into thinking it was winter) and these weren't the right variety. Oh well. I potted them anyway....so much for hardening. I still don't know if they will bloom but they sure are growing.

The first ones are in my sunroom. I have a humidifier running in there because I also have two Key Lime trees, a blood orange and a Meyers lemon as well as the parlor palm and a sago palm.

The other two pots are on the table in the entryway. Not too shabby!




























Finally, pictures of some new yarn from Pick Up Sticks!!


posted by Teri Springer @ 5:22 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Jen(nifer) said…

    Oooh! Pretty plant containers. I hope it snows too, until then I guess you will have to wait for your MUG TO ARRIVE :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.