Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Friday, January 26, 2007
New Growth & Joey's Home
Well, winter may have finally arrived but in my sunroom it sure is looking like spring! First we have new growth on one of the two Key Lime "trees" (they are still only 3' tall so not really trees yet). The second tree hasn't shown as much growth at this point.




Below is one of my African Violets. The other one hasn't budded yet. I have no clue what color either is as the tags were missing when I bought them for 50% off.

Next we have the blood orange- it actually has buds!! I am really hoping that they survive and open as the entire reason I bought these citrus trees was for the scent of the blooms. Any fruit that I get would just be a pleasant bonus.









Here we have my Meyers Lemon. It hasn't done much of anything but it was the last of the citrus trees to arrive. Actually, the Key limes and the orange came in the spring and the lemon didn't arrive until fall. I had forgotten that I had ordered it so it's arrival was a pleasant surprise.






And here is Joey yesterday afternoon. His ACL surgery was at 7:30am and we were home by noon. The CPM machine is doing its job and I am up every 4 hours to give Joey his pain meds and replenish the ice in the cold sleeve wrapped around his knee. Another neat addition is a Pain Pump from our own Stryker Corp. (thanks Ronda!!). There is a very thin catheter that runs right through one of the incisions and into the knee joint. For 48 hours after surgery it delivers Marcaine (a local anethetic) into the joint. At the end of the 48 hours I just gently pull it out and toss it (it's disposible). I will admit to being more than a little proud to share the hometown of this wonderful company, to have helped develop the ER carts they manufacture and to know the granddaughter of the founder (she's the most generous, down-to-earth woman you would ever hope to meet). Anyway, Joey is doing fine...a little crabby from the discomfort but dutifully doing his exercises so he can rehab in time for baseball season. Oh and carefully avoiding school work. I think I'm going to have to take away the video game and tv controllers for a few hours tomorrow.....

Thanks to all for their support! Debbi, you and Billy are the best!!

teri


posted by Teri Springer @ 3:21 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger :-D eirdre said…

    Hi Teri - stopped for a visit via Fibermania. Its been fun catching up - first please send my best to Joey - its amazing what can be done these days - speedy Recovery!

    I laughed when I saw the photos of your Paper Whites, my immediate response was to GAG at the smell - we had to impose a new office rule about no perfume and NO PAPERWHITES! Good thing I keep the manual so it was easy to insert on the fly!

    I can't wait to see what you finish up this year - are you working on something now? I've made little goals which I will update and review monthly - so far so good.

    Off to a cuppa coffee and time to quilt.
    :-D eirdre

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger DubiQuilts - Debbi said…

    Teri and Joey,

    Hope you both are doing much better today!

    Billy and I both say thank-you and we are glad we could help.

    Take Care!

    Debbi and Billy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.