Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Whew.....busy, busy
Well, I would really like to post some pictures but I cannnot locate either of my card readers.

I spent all day Monday suffering with a colitis attack. Needless to say, nothing got done around here. Good thing I had leftovers from Sunday dinner or Joey would have been eating cereal for dinner. Today I spent the day on the road. First to the Secretary of State's to change the address on my driver's license and voter's registration. Oh, lookee there.....right next to the SoS office is a SteinMart and Tuesday Morning! So, I finished my Christmas Shopping. Serendipity was along for the ride as I had wanted a double sided easel for the twins (my sister's 2 girls) who also have their birthday on January 3rd. Mister Art was out and I was going to check Dick Blick today but Tuesday Morning just happened to have 1. It's in my car. I also adopted a bear for Carly, a polar bear for Katie and a tiger for Monty so I guess the easel and finger painting stuff will be for their birthday. There was also this really wild jester doll dressed in purples, greens and golds. For some reason he made me think of Andrea, our medical student (don't ask why- there is often no rhyme or reason to how my mind works) so I had to buy it. Then, to find something for her brother, the financial wizard.....ah, yes, golf balls.....he always can use those. Guess I will have to get him socks too (family joke).

Picked up flannel sheets and a nice wool blanket at TM for my soon-to-be-ex (yes, we are still good friends) and some golf related stuff for A & A's dad. Their mom's gift is on it's way from J Jill. Got both my kids taken care of. Just need something silly for my friend in Manistique. Oh, also picked up a dozen wine bottle bags for those last minute gifts.....I can always raid the wine cellar.

Stopped at Russell's Country Store (great little place for furniture and appliances.- where else can you write a check for $300+ and no one asks for your ID?). They had the perfect little chest freezer, 7 cubic feet- just right for me and Joey. It will be delivered tomorrow which is perfect as Mike got us 1/2 a hog for Christmas. Now I just have to remember to call the processor to get it cut up and packaged how I want it. Mike is coming over for Christmas dinner with me and the boys so I think I will try out the "chicken spinner" (as aforementioned friend from Manistique's husband calls rotisserie cooker- he loves his) and fix a nice pork roast and/or goose breast.

I have put up all the decorations I am going to do this year. Next year the basement will (hopefully) be done and I will have storage shelves for all the containers making it easier to find stuff and put it away so I will do more....One thing I am going to do is go out right after Christmas and buy a couple of pre-lit artificial trees. Next year I will still get one real tree but it's NOT going to be 11' tall. I can't handle all that up and down the ladder- especially when I am scared to death of heights!

So, hopefully pictures tomorrow....

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 7:59 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.