Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Monday, December 04, 2006
Thanks for the Support
Thanks to everyone for all the support. I wish I had thought to call my doctor and have him call the hospital to expedite the mammogram but, too late now. It's scheduled for Wednesday morning so I will just wait. It isn't easy....like a sore tooth, I find myself checking the lump several times a day and, with my imagination, it seems to get bigger every time.

Well, we got a tree this weekend. What an experience! I don't remember it being this tough in college when the guys next door took my roommates and I out to get a tree. One of the guys, Brad (who was over 6 ft.) was running around the tree lot with his right arm extended over his head as he insisted the tree had to be *this tall.* We had plenty of people to carry the tree back then (and we were all a lot younger and in much better shape).

This time it was just me (49) and Mike (50) as Joey had gone to a friend's house for a birthday overnight and Jamie was off coaching hockey. It didn't take me long to find a tree but getting it up the hill and into the truck was hard work. It didn't help that the tree was covered with snow and ice from the storm Thursday night. Mike ended up cutting about 18" off the trunk so it would fit into the cup of the tree stand. We also had to hose the tree off to try to get rid of some of the ice. So, we finally dragged in a dripping wet tree that did not want to stand up. Seems that, while the stand is rated for a 10' tree, it is also only rated up to 100 lbs. We did finally get it to stand up (with the help of the string from one of the shades). Then we had to spread towels under it to catch the water dripping off. Mike left with a promise to be back the next day to help me figure out how to get the tree to stand up without tyeing it to the window shade. I went to take a nap. When I got up all the ice had dripped off (and I had towels the weighed about 4o lbs) and I was able to adjust the stand and tree so it would stand alone (just don't bump it).

And there it stands....just about 4 inches from the ceiling. And, do I have a ladder tall enough to reach the top to put on the lights?? Heck no. I was going to go out and buy a taller ladder but, when I stopped by the farm this morning (to get some notebook paper for Joey that I knew was in the pantry) I spotted a nice, shiny new 6' ladder in the garage. Well, it wouldn't fit in my car so I left a phone message for Mike to bring it over tonight so I can get the lights on.

I really want to get going on this before Wednesday because, if I need a biopsy (which I am pretty sure I will) I want to have the heaviest part of the lifting/reaching done.....

I tried to get Joey to pose next to the tree to give you perspective but he refused.....

Well, off to work in the office since my desk arrived Saturday.....

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 9:25 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger dee said…

    I'm thinking of you and saying a prayer. Hope all goes well.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Also thinking of you and hoping for the best.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Shirley Goodwin said…

    I hope your check-up went well and showed up only a cyst.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.