Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Saturday, November 25, 2006
'Tis the Season???
Sigh......Thanksgiving is over. The folks have gone back to Florida and Joey is at a friends house for the weekend. I have finished the outside decorations in temperatures approaching 60. It's still almost 55 out!

Laundry's mostly done. Tomorrow I start on the inside decorations. Monday after school is out, Joey and I will go look for a tree. It can be a BIG one as I have 12' ceilings in the living room and dining room. Awesome.

I am trying to get in the Christmas spirit. Really I am. It's tough when I found a lump in my right breast the size of a golf ball. I am scheduled for a mammogram on Dec. 6th. It's the soonest I can get in. Sigh......

I did buy two new books. One on the recommendation of Brenda Smith of Copacabana, NSW Australia http://www.serendipitypatchwork.blogspot.com/, Shibori for Textile Artists by Janice Gunner (ISBN 9780713490138). The other was recommended by Amazon.co.uk- Stitch, Dissolve, Distort with Machine Embroidery by (the late) Valerie Campbell-Harding and Maggie Grey (ISBN 13: 9780713489965). Both great books and they arrived very quickly considering they came from London.

Now that I have my home to myself again I need to get into the studio and clean, put up the new design wall and unpack my projects from Fabrications and AQT and get back to work! I have been invited to submit work for the KIA Corporate Art Program and I have committed to making a piece for the MI Art Quilters Challenge. No time to waste!!

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 9:45 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Gerrie said…

    Teri:
    I am so sad about the lump. I hope it is just a fibrocustic lump. I shall keep you in my prayers. We were walking around our neighborhood today and were surprised at how many people have decorations up. We don't do anything until December. Keep me posted.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Karoda said…

    Teri, I will only echo what Gerrie has said about the lump...prayers going up for health and well being for you. But in the meanwhile, create, create, create :)

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Jeri said…

    Terri, I'm also freaking angry about the lump, but can hope it is a cyst and won't be a big problem. You are a treasure, and you have too much to do to stop for this. Perhaps it is a signal to focus within and heighten your awareness of the simple pleasures. Perhaps it is just random. Anyway, I send you good vibes and well wishes, and my good feelings about this turning out well.
    Jeri

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Christina said…

    Teri,
    I am in the Natural Surfaces Webring and just saw your post on the lump. I do wish they could get you in sooner. The not knowing is the worst part. On the positive side, if your doctor was alarmed, they would be pushing you through. I am a breast cancer survivor and it seems that all the women I meet have had the medical team move quickly on this diagnosis. So If waiting is getting to you, start yelling at them. Put your foot down. Insist that they fit you in on Monday. I hope, too that it is just a cyst. If they do find cancer, I hope not, you do have time to ask questions and get advice and second opinions if you want.

    You are in my prayers and thoughts.

    Christina
    calasciodesigns.blogspot.com
    chrisyocca@sbcglobal.net

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.