Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Friday, October 06, 2006
Yet another rant
Just realized it has again been a week since I posted.....sigh....

I was reading Melody's tale of woe with her lost luggage, Brenda Smith's problems with Blockbutler....and links on Brenda's blog to other ring members problems with customer service (or lack-thereof). Well, I guess I can join the chorus....

I belong to a wine club and receive a shipment of 4 wines (2 red, 2 white) every month. Earlier this summer I found one I really loved so I ordered 1/2 a case of it and 1/2 a case of another (to get the full case discount). When I realized the wine would ship for arrival the end of August I was in a panic....I would be out of town and they won't deliver without a live signature of someone 21 or older...no one would be here. Ok, figured out the wine would arrive the very end of August and UPS would attempt delivery 3 times then hold the shipment a week so I would be back in time to get it.

I get home from vacation. No delivery slip from UPS. Called wine broker. Yes, case was shipped as well as the August club selections. They called UPS and UPS claimed the boxes were signed for on Sept. 1 by me.....NOT. I was in Saco, Maine. Call wine broker back who called UPS who called me.

Long story short, the wine was NOT delivered to my home and signed for by some mystery person. It was picked up at the local warehouse and signed for by some unknown party who signed my name. I have NO idea who it was. That was ove a month ago and no one I have asked has a clue. UPS faxed me a copy of *my* signature (that the woman there claimed looked "just like your signature we have on file"). Again, NOT. The signature was obviously by a lefty (I am a righty) and the letters were rounded and short, my handwriting is much more upright and letters are slender. Oh, and the "T" was done the way we were taught in school....except I have never written my capital "t's" like that.

UPSkept telling me they would not honor the insurance "unless and until it is determined that UPS is at fault." Excuse me?? You released over $200 worth of wine to someone, not me and you are questioning who is at fault?? Well, let's see, I was over 1000 miles away, so I don't see how it could be my fault; the wine broker shipped it and that was the end of their involvement...so I don't see how it could be their fault. Hellooooooooo! I am the one out the money (it's on my VISA- I could refuse the charge but then the wine broker is screwed....don't want that).

Well, after a week of arguing, threats (hey folks, that's what the AG in your state is for.....let the AG's office step in; I have done it many times), etc, the wine broker had already agreed to reship at their expense and take it upon themselves to collect (or not) from UPS (now THAT'S customer service!!!) a UPS investigator called wanting to come over with the police to investigate the "identity theft" (there was no identity theft, they only checked the persons age, not WHO they were), he got very defensive and I got PO'd....Finally the Grand Rapids office called and said not to worry about it....they would pay. Now, I can tell you, the ONLY reason they finally did this is because the wine broker ships thousands of dollars of product with them monthly and UPS did not want to lose this business. Throughout the ordeal I was made to feel like I was lying (well, the package was signed for by T. Springer on Sept. 1st......uh, no it wasn't.....I was in Maine and I have proof) or somehow at fault. Needless to say MY opinion of UPS went waaaayyyyyy down, yet again.

I love my UPS driver but the higher-ups need some classes on tact, handling upset customers, etc.

Oh, and the wonderful wine broker.....International Wines........thank you Cathy, my personal advisor.

teri

Oh.....quilt content.....I head up north to a retreat on the 19th....so I am busy dyeing fabric for my project. And I STILL need to get together the stuff I need for Tahoe.....
posted by Teri Springer @ 1:05 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Karoda said…

    girl, i'm getting pissed off about a 25 dollar order i made in august and have yet to receive...i'm glad it worked out for you eventually but what an ordeal.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Gerrie said…

    I just hope you are saving some of that wine for Tahoe!!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just found your blog when I did a search for quilts and stumbled across this post. Since I'm a wine lover and used to belong to a wine-of-the-month club, this story really got my blood boiling!

    I would be totally creeped out that someone was picking up MY shipments and I'd constantly be wondering who it could be. Then again, my wine deliveries used to clearly say "alcohol" on the box, so it's quite likely a UPS worker decided to dip into the stash.

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Deb H said…

    Hmm, it seems to me, that since it had to be picked up by someone over 21 they should have requested an ID before they would even release the package. Seems like whoever was at the desk had to be at fault.

    We don't use UPS much here. They charge 3x what the regular post office does here.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.