Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
AARRGGGHHHHHHHHH
Well, this is just a mess! No, not my blog (ok, well, I DO still have work to do). First, I couldn't *see* the blog "Frequently Wrong But Never in Doubt" - literally. The page comes up blank for me. Neither Diane nor I can figure out why. Now, all of a sudden, Sonji's blog is coming up blank for me! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have a clue why just these two?? I have Firefox and it was just updated last week and I know I checked Sonji's blog successfully since the update.

On the art front- took Loon and Self Portrait to the KIA yesterday. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks to hear if one or both or neither is juried into the West Michigan Art Show. In the meantime, I have other stuff to work on.

Funny thing happened Friday. The first Friday of every month there is an Art Hop in Kalamazoo. For those of you who think Kalamazoo is a hodunk town, think again. We have a large and talented and well supported art community here. Any way- the June Art Hop is special because the KIA Art Fair is the day after and other art festivals have sprung up over the years for those who don't get into the KIA fair. This Friday there were 42 stops on the Hop. My best friend and I took our "daughter" Shawn out to celebrate the fact that she passed her exams and is officially Dr. Shawn Dolan, DVM (long story). Our first stop was the Smartshop which is a gallery and metal working studio owned by the delightful and very talented Holly Fisher. We arrived and were handed programs for a silent and live auction fundraiser. We wandered around and Tara and Shawn wandered off while I was busy bidding on several items and buying others. When we finally left Tara asked me if I realized that this was a fund raiser for the local Gay/Lesbian group. Well, yeah, duh. She started laughing.....here we were, three woman together.....no men. I told her it was good to keep people guessing. BTW, I am a big supported of the GKGLBT group. If that bothers any of my readers, well, too bad. EVERYONE deserves support and respect and the same human rights no matter what....so there.

Oh, and Holly has offered to be my gallery rep. How cool!

When I get the beautiful shadow caster I bought that she made I will post it. I need to take my husband's truch to go get it as it will not fit in my Tribeca. It is going to look SO cool out on the patio of the condo!!

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 10:01 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.