Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
DC Pics...No Particular Order


Tomb of the Unknowns



Beautiful Azalias at the Tomb of the Unknowns



Two of the 4 kids from our school who presented a wreath at the Tomb.



"The Drummer" at the Hirshhorn- since it is outdoors in plain site I believe I can legally photograph and show this as I am not profiting. Now, since I forgot to take a picture of the plaque, could someone please tell me the artist??



I couldn't resist this one. It was one of 5 or 6 but this one caught my attention because of the slight smile....reminded me of something else but can't quite place it....I am guessing some sci fi movie.



From the garden next to the original Smithsonian. I spent some very peaceful time knitting in this garden and listening to the beautiful song of a very plain sparrow. A varitable oasis of beauty withing the madness of DC.



More from the garden.



And more.



Beautiful blue and white Columbines. Mine are just now sending up flower shoots.



Lovely yellow and white flowers.



Does anyone know what this is??



My cousin, William James Donovan, killed in 1971 in Viet Nam. (my eldest son is James William- purely a coincidence)



Another cousin, Joseph William Brand, shot down over Viet Nam in 1966. My younger son, Lawrence Joseph, is named after my father (Lawrence) and this cousin. Interestingly, William James Donovan's father was William Joseph Donovan.....this is my father's side of the family and my mother was a Brand.....BTW, William Joseph Donovan was a Major General in WWI, won the Congressional Medal of Honor. He rejoined the service during WWII and was the director of the OSS which later became the CIA. Another cousin, William Barrett (what is it with my family and the name William??) was also in the OSS....recruited by "Wild Bill." If you have never seen the movie "A Man Called Intrepid", see it; but bear in mind, the William "Wild Bill" Donovan bears very little resemblance to my cousin. Also, this was a man whose parents were penniless imigrants from Ireland. He went through college and Law School and paid for it himself. He also invented the first silent pistol. I have a rather colorful family.....)



Deon Ferris and my son, Joey.


Viet Nam Women's Memorial
posted by Teri Springer @ 7:55 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger paula, the_quilter said…

    The round ballish sculpture reminds me of the plant, Audrey II, in "Little Shop of Horrors". FEED ME, SEYMOUR!

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger teri springer said…

    Yep, I see it. Also thought of the picture on the cover of "Hitchhiker's Guide". But it really does look like Audrey II when she was feeling especially pleased with herself....

    teri

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Sojourner said…

    The roundish ball reminds me of the pac man games! LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.