Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Friday, May 12, 2006
Ah....Pictures at Last!!
Ok, first....the BIG event. On May 6th my dad remarried. So, here is the happy couple, my dad, Larry, and his beautiful new wife, Janet O'Neill Donovan. Janet is from Chester, Nova Scotia and they met 3 years ago. They were reintroduced by our dear friends, Dugger and Marion McNeil and Roy Steed of Halifax. BTW, for those of you who read Dave Johnson's blog, my dad looks older than he is due to Parkinson's. Getting together with Janet has given him new life.






This is: my new brother-in-law, Steve, my dad's new wife (I am not fond of the term *stepmother*), Janet, my dad, and my new sister, Kathy.


I guess you could say my son Jamie approves.


Back to weaving. Flash didn't go off. Still, you can see the color changes in my warp.


Ok, without the flash it's too dark; with the flash it's a little washed out....but, you get the idea.


More of the warp.


It's done. I wish I hadn't put the other weft colors in- the yellow worked so well but, who knew?? The ends will make good hems.....


The whole thing. It's about 6 feet long.


Detail......

Close up of the pattern....a twill with a row of tabby to divide....The warp is Tencel; the weft is cotton. This is SOOOOOOOO soft. I guess it is NOT going to be pillows but, I am still not sure if it's going to be a wall hanging, a narrow shawl (it's about 14" wide) or 2 bags......Any suggestions??

teri


Ok, for some reason this picture did not load with the others.....These are my new nieces, Katelyn and Carley. Their brother, Monty, and his friends, Sam and Omar, were at Disney Land so the girls came to the beach with their mom.....
posted by Teri Springer @ 8:17 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Gerrie said…

    the weaving is very nice. Love the ikat look.

    I have a stepmom. She was a blessing to our family. My dad has been gone for several years and she is still part of the family. She is only 15 years older than me.

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Shirley Goodwin said…

    A whole new family! Sounds like you have a good attitude towards them.

    Shirley in New Zealand

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Deb H said…

    A beautiful textile & new family too! So nice for your Dad. Does she have an available older sister? My Dad is living single in Muskegon, his last girlfried passed away last year.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Sojourner said…

    I love the weaving. I used to have a table loom and miss miss it dearly. I can't wait until I have room for a floor loom. Some day. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.