Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Where oh Where have You Gone??
Where have I been?? In a fit of creativity? On the Riviera? To Florida?

How about, none of the above??

How about, trying to get back on line......Monday I reset the modem 4 times with no luck in getting it to work. So, I called my ISP. Got sent to tech support. Determined that either the modem or the router was bad (and I'm still convinced it was the router) but, instead of messing with getting a new router I just went and bought the new modem (with wireless capability already built in so no need for a router). Ok. So, yesterday I started to set it up but then had to leave so, today I got started again. Oy.

I have spent, 26 minutes on the phone with someone at TDS. He referred me to ActionTec. I spent over an hour on the phone with a girl from India (on, more likely, IN India) with a very soft voice. Oh, did I mention I am somewhat hard of hearing?? We finally determined that the modem was working (I was able to get online with the ethernet cable attached) but my network wireless card and the modem would not talk to each other. Packets went out but nothing came back in. So, on to Dell. First, I got the wrong department (after being on hold for 20 minutes). He was very nice and sent me to the Laptop department. They came on line quicker than I expected. Oops, wrong department. He sent me to the Wireless department. By this time my battery was getting low so, while on hold I figured I run upstairs and get the power cord. Of course, the wireless person picked up right away so HE had to wait......

Finally got the computer plugged in. We fought with reconfiguring the network for over an hour. Finally he decided I needed to change the channel of the modem. But, he didn't know how and I forgot. So, back to Actiontec. But, before I got back on the phone, I reconnected to the ethernet, went to the Actiontec IP and figured out how to change the channel again. Restarted EVERYTHING. Guess what?? Bingo!!

So, here I am....wireless.......now to reconfigure the other Dell and the IBM......maybe tomorrow.

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 5:03 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Aaron Keogh said…

    Just wondering if you'd be interested in bloging / podcasting about Matrixstream's cutting edge video on demand and IPTV Technology ( TV over broadband ). This is a technology that allows the consumer to receive a potential for unlimited VOD / IPTV content up to 1080P in H.264 codec over any broadband connection on a PC Player or set top box for TV ( IMX1020 1080P High definition STB - the world's first 1080P H.264 STB ) If you'd like to see pictures and video's of the this new STB you can go to www.matrixstream.com/presskit . Let us know if your interested.

    Yours Truly Aaron Keogh

    Tel: 604-291-7727

    E-mail: aaron@matrixstream.com

    Website: www.matrixstream.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.