Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Friday, January 20, 2006
Off to Weaving at the KIA

My loom. This is as far as I got the first week. It took me 2 1/2 hours to measure out my warp and set up the loom. My back was screaming at me by the time I got home! Thankfully, yesterday all I had to do was attach the warp threads (seen here, knotted in front of the reed to that skinny little wooden rail hanging below the white bar there (yes, I need to work on my vocabulary), get the tension even and get started. Oh, and get the foot pedals you see near the floor, attached to the correct frame thingy. Since this is my first attempt, it was set up for one pedal hooked to one frame thingy. When you step on one pedal, it lifts one frame thing thus opening up a space between threads to put the shuttle holding the weft thru. I promise to work on the vocab but I am in a hurry this morning and don't want to take the time to run in the other room and get my book.
posted by Teri Springer @ 7:58 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Valeri said…

    Oh it takes forever to set up a loom. I remember it well. And first to get the warp by putting the thread on the warping mill. Not the quickest of past-times but I do find weaving very therapeutic. Such a shame it takes up so much room!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.