Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Beware of eByer "knititems"
Sigh...yes, I am in the middle of a dispute. In August I bid on some yarns listed on eBay. One of the lots I bid on was described as:

"a beautiful 8 ounce skein (225 grams) approximately 1,000 yards Rayon multistrand yarn we call Santa Fe. Though this is a 4 ply yarn it is a fine yarn and hand knitters would likely double it and use a six or seven US needle. This is a very colorful "pastel shaded" yarn with shaded strands of pink ,light blue, and beige"

What I received was NOT pastel but muddy and ugly. The only resemblance between what I received and what was pictured was that it was a 4 ply yarn. It was dull and very irregular. I immediately emailed the seller to inform him that I was returning the yarn as it was not acceptable and I wanted a FULL refund (purchase price AND the $5.35 he charged for shipping and handling). I received a rude email informing me that I would ONLY receive a refund of the purchase price.

I filed a complaint with PayPal and again emailed the seller telling him that, since the yarn I received was NOT as represented in the listing, I was due both purchase price and shipping (but would STILL be out the return postage). He then ("he" being John Furia) stated he would refund the entire amount ONLY if, upon return of the yarn, he agreed that it was not what was pictured. Of course, when I returned the yarn, he disagreed with my assessment that the yarn was not what was described or pictured in the listing. So, now I am out over $8.00.

I wish I had checked out this guy first. He is a "power seller" with nearly 18,000 feedbacks. His rating is 98.8%. However, upon investigation I see his many negatives were exactly what my complaint is; that what the buyer received was not as advertised and that the seller refused to make good on the item. In addition, Mr. Furia blames the sellers; accusing them of lying, exaggerating and being chronic complainers. Interestingly, most of the people who filed negatives had never filed a negative against anyone else (yes, I checked).

So, now my recourse is word of mouth. Please pass the word amongst the knitting groups you are in that, while he has many satisfied customers, Mr. Furia feels no compunction to make his dissatisfied customers into satisfied ones. I have saved all of his emails and will continue to fight him through PayPal for the rest of my money. However, from what I have heard, PayPal rarely finds in favor of the buyer.

Following are 2 pictures from the listing and 2 similar pictures I took of what I received. I have not adjusted the photos of either.

So: YARN BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted by Teri Springer @ 7:55 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Celia said…

    I just bought some yarn from this seller on Saturday on ebay, so am now anxiously awaiting its arrival. I'll let you know if I have any problems as well.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger MssGucci said…

    Thank you for posting this! That seller seems like a real moron and a jerk too! That is definitely not the same yarn, it's not even close. You think that someone with 229 negative feedback and 143 neutrals over the past 12 months would just be suspended from eBay altogether. They're just as bad. I also like how this seller blames everyone else and says they are blocked bidders now. As if anyone ever planned to buy from him again. Sorry you had to deal with that idiot!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.