Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Perfect Weather and Creating
I don't know about the rest of the country, but we, in the Great Lakes region, are having what I define as PERFECT weather. Morning temps in the high 50's; afternoon temps in the 70's; nearly cloudless sky and gentle breezes. I LOVE being able to turn off the a/c and throw open all the windows. I can listen to the birds singing between runs of sewing.

Speaking of sewing.....I have done the basic line drawings of all the horses on the *Dreams* quilt and gone back over them in a tiny zig-zag to accentuate them. I then hung the piece on the wall (unfortunately, the only wall large enough that was available is in the front hall meaning I can only get 3' away from the piece so it's impossible to get a picture). Next, I hung the silk organza over the piece to see the effect. Ok....looks like San Francisco on an early fall morning.....while it makes the line drawings ethereal it so totally dulls out the beautiful sateens that it just ruins the effect.

Ok....fold up the organza and put it away (never fear, I will find a use for it). Take out the silk gauze and hang it over the piece. Lighter effect but still ruins the background.

Sigh.....ok. Plan C. I will try the tulle next. Of course, I don't have a big enough piece so, IF it works I will have to go to town tomorrow to get 3 yards of it. And if it doesn't?? Plan D.....quilt with no overlay with iridescent thread and bead, bead, bead......maybe some sequins.

So, for the moment the quilt is going to stay hanging up. I cleaned all the stray threads, fuzz, cat hair, my hair, and batting fuzz off the front. I do still plan to do more shading on the horses but I need a break...my shoulders are killing me.

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 4:32 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Debra said…

    Teri,

    Your perfect weather in mine too. And, luckily, it's the norm here in Hercules. One of the reasons I love it here.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.