Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Sunday, July 31, 2005
AARRGGHHHHHH
Well, as if it isn't bad enough that I can't receive any email and haven't been able to most of the day....yesterday, I spent the first half of the day in ER with Joey. Nothing life threatening....just a really bad case of swimmer's ear. He was in so much pain. So 24 hours of tylenol #3s and ear drops and he feels better. Unfortunately, after we left ER we went to Appleby's for lunch and I ended up with an attack of my colitis. So, the rest of the day was a waste. Today I end up with a 2nd degree burn on my left hand while making ravioli for Joey for lunch. Crap. Another day mostly wasted with my hand wrapped in cold cloths. Thank goodness for my training as an EMT and burn nurse. I immediately turned to the kitchen sink and ran cold water over the hand and continued to do so for some time. What could have been a really nasty burn ended up resulting in only 3 small blisters and a very sore hand. But, at least I will be able to quilt. Here I was, lying in bed with the hand wrapped waiting for the Vicodin to kick in, imagining that I was not going to be able to quilt and thinking of how much I have to get done befoe September 9th!!! Plus, a week of beading to teach the end of August! Whew.....No more procrastinating, tomorrow the quilt gets the final layer pinned on and I start the final quilting.

The good side was...I have a very strange reaction to Vicodin....it makes me hyper. So, I got both bathrooms cleaned and the fridge and the dishes done. Tomorrow the wood floors get vacuumed (yes, it's faster and does a better job than sweeping) and then a once-over with the swiffer....mop the bathrooms, some laundry, and I'm basically ready for my dad to visit.....

Don't worry, slob sister Susan.....my bedroom is a DISASTER and the pantry is virtually impassible.....And we won't even discuss the basement.....

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 10:46 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Carol Logan Newbill said…

    Teri, check either your Hotmail or your PH account via the web. I can't reach you through your fiberandthread address, although I am receiving all your emails.

    Carol

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger gabrielle said…

    What a weekend...hope the week goes better...as to pantries, mine looks like a tornado hit it. What is it with the smallest room in the house....maybe the stuff is moving itself around to visit...like the oatmeal wants to talk to the olive oil.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Carol Logan Newbill said…

    Hmmmmmm.... olive oil-flavored oatmeal. Somehow that doesn't sound appetizing.

    My pantry's in decent shape. The rest of my house, however, we won't talk about.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Julaine said…

    Teri - Thanks for checking my blog! I hope you and your son feel better soon, and that your vacation coming up is a VACATION (more quilting, less cleaning please).

    I know what you mean about Vicodin - Between August of 2000 and July of 2001, I had 3 surgeries - arthroscopic knee, hysterectomy, and then the big one, cerebral aneurysm clipping. Each time on Vicodin, so in December of 2001, I was still taking it. I didn't realize that I was enjoying the boost it gave me, till my husband said something. Now, I have to refuse it, and take something else, which never works as well.....

    Anyway, you're a member of PAQA, aren't you? I've seen your messages on their yahoo list. I haven't been to a meeting since late last year.....

    I wish you well - Julaine

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Elle said…

    Ohmigoodness! I hope you have a better week!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Mary Ann Littlejohn said…

    Vicodin contains codeine. My husband becomes so hyper when he takes anything codeine that he is forbidden to take it and be around me. Any time he goes in the hospital, I tell the nurses to somehow put a notation on the FRONT of his chart in red that he gets no codeine or they will be sorry.

    It puts me to sleep, but I feel invincible when awake. Hope your burn is getting better. Not fun.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.