Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
What Would I Do Differently
Gabrielle asked in her blog Handmaiden, what we would do differently if we could go back. Boy, I try to have no regrets but....shoulda, coulda, woulda......

I would have never lost touch for over a year with my childhood sweetheart. We met in 5th grade. In Junior High he moved to Louisiana. We wrote for a year and then it taled off and we didn't write for almost a year, then I moved back to Chicago from Michigan (he was originally from the Chicago area too). I wrote to let him know we were back in the Chicago area and to let me know when he would be visiting family so we could see each other (we were now sophomores in HS). I didn't hear back....from him. I did get a call from his mom. My love, my soulmate, was in the hospital on a vent...he had encephalitis. I sent taped letters so he could not only hear from me but hear my voice. For the first time in over 10 days he started triggering the vent on his own. But, he was too ill. He died in February of 1973. To this day I feel the pain of that loss. He had planned to be a doctor and I was going to be a nurse (HIS plan) and we would work together until we started our family.....never to be. What if....what if.....ironically, as I 'm writing this, The Moody Blues are on public TV....playing "Nights in White Satin", which came out the year we met. In my case it was letters that DIDN'T get written.

Sigh....I would have wasted less time in college and taken more time to travel the US and Canada when I was young and single.

Actually, I would have NOT followed my parent's advice and gone straight to college from high school....I was not ready. I would have worked and traveled. And waited to go to college when I was more grown up and had a better idea of what I wanted from life.

Would have been more careful about weight gain since I now am finding my physical limitations (made worse by excess weight) are making it so hard to lose the weight.

Waste less time doing things because I "should" and spend more time doing things because I want to.

Oh, and Gabriella, you'll be pleased to know that I never got past the first chapter of "The Artist's Way." And that was in 2 attempts. It just didn't do anything for me.

Sigh....and the band is playing an encore.....Ride my See Saw.....

I can't imagine a world without NPR and public television.....

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 9:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.