Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Sunday, June 26, 2005
Trip Cut Short
Well, my trip to QSDS had to end abruptly on Friday morning. My best friend called to let me know her mother (who we already knew was ill) was getting worse and might not make it through the weekend. So, I packed up Thursday night and left first thing Friday morning. I drove to Dundee, MI to pick up my eldest, Jamie, who had been in Cleveland with the company he has a franchise with (College Pro Painters) for a skydiving trip. Thankfully, Jamie was too big for their chutes (he would need a military chute since he weighs 278).

So, we made it to Kalamazoo around 3PM and, after I dropped Jamie off at his house so he could shower, I went to the assisted living facility where Rose was. She is in renal failure and is sleeping much of the time but, when she's awake she knows everyone and knows what is going on. She is ready to go (truthfully, she's been ready since her husband died)and is quite comfortable.

So, I never did get to post Thursday's pics and story. I will do so tomorrow or the next day. I need to dye more fabric and hope to get it done Tuesday so I can add the last 2-3 rows to the background of my piece. Tomorrow I take the line drawings of the horses to the blueprint shop to be blown up. I will also stop at the fabric store and buy the organza. Thanks to Emily Richardson I think I have the issue of making the horses etherial and dream-like in hand. We'll see.

teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 8:49 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    I can't wait to see your horses! The burn is doing better, thanks for the good wishes :) ...had my mom (RN) take a peek at it. No more curling irons for me!!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Karoda said…

    Teri, peace and strength to you and your friend and family.
    hangeth in,

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.