Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
No Janome
Well, Dijanne and I find ourselves in a similar situation but for different reasons. In her case, Husqvarna sent her the wrong cord for the machine she was using. In my case, I just can't find the darned thing!! I have had the #1 sitting next to the Deacon's bench in the hall for months, waiting to take it downstairs. I had listed it and my Pfaff for sale. The Pfaff sold first so I kept the Viking as my backup machine when I bought the Janome. I had a bunch of *stuff* and the cord in a plastic bag on top of the 2 notebooks my DH got me for the #1. Well, I can find ONE notebook and the machine but not the second book or the cord. The Janome went in last Thursday for a cleaning and general tune-up in preparation for the trip to Columbus and now I find myself without a working machine!! ACK! Well, not completely without a machine! I DO have 2 Featherweights. So, out came momma Rose's machine which was already in my *studio.* Rose is my best buddy of 35 years mom and we moved her into an assisted living facility a few weeks ago because she was getting virtually NO stimulation at home with her caregiver (who was quite content to sit and watch TV all day with Rose) and she was mentally going right downhill. Well, Rose isn't going to be doing any sewing there so, Tara told me to go ahead and take the machine (Rose had promised it to me as neither Tara nor Tim's wife, Lori, sew). Well, out it came. I even remembered how to thread it without looking in the book (I haven't use a FW since college when I still had my mom's machine) and it sewed just fine. Of course, all I can do is a straight stitch (ok, I do have the ruffler attachment).

Well, some friends from the Chicago area just adopted a little boy so.....I am doing what I said I wasn't going to do again....I am making a baby quilt. I had this great Laurel Burch fabric I got from eQuilter and it is just so bright!! Found a pattern I liked at Quilter's Cache (Mother's Own) and proceeded to cut the fabric for a block to see how I liked it. Well, I remembered why I don't do traditional....I just don't do well with matching points and perfect "scant" 1/4 inch seams!! I do free, liberated, intuitive work. Ok, so I have problems with following directions and cutting perfectly (close enuf is my favorite line). Hopefully the next block will turn out better (which means I won't be working on it tonight since I've had 2 Vicodin to combat a migraine).

I can't wait until Thursday so I can have my Janome back!!

Unfortunately, working in the dark is making my head hurt worse so...tah, tah for now!!

Teri
posted by Teri Springer @ 7:48 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    So, what are matching points? Perfect seams? lol
    I was going to make my little sister a fabulous baby quilt. Instead, I bought some of that sumptiously soft Minky fabric and some Laurel Birch flannel. The most time consuming part was putting a binding on..but I managed! :) And..they love it. It's so soft and bright. A personal gift and it only took me an hour. I think I like that approach!
    I did make a pieced quilt for a friend, but just used the Quiltmaker Snuggler pattern. My 6 yr. old used this same pattern, only we cut the strips random widths...viola! No matching seams!
    Have fun with your quilt. And I hope your migraine is gone by now.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Karoda said…

    Teri, how often do you take your Janome in for service? I've had mine since September and other than cleaning out the lint I've never taken it in or oiled it. The wick still has oil when I touch it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.