Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
PROGRESS!!!!
Oy! Finally getting somewhere.....Nick's quilt is done and in the mail to another list member to be bound and washed then it will be on it's way to Nick. He is going to the Daytona 500 compliments of the "Make a Wish" Foundation and have Dale Jr. autograph it (it's a NASCAR quilt in black, red and white with many references to Jr., Nick's favorite driver). I do not have a picture of the quilt but hope to have one of it once Nick receives it.

Today I put the back on "Going with the Flow", first of the Round and Round series and did the additional stitching to connect the front and back. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I need to add a label, hanging sleeve and one last bead and it will be done. Once it is, I will add a picture here.

Also finished the foundation for a progressive I am involved in with my Art2Mail compatriates. I will be mailing to Jannie in the Netherlands. This is great as I have ties to the Netherlands.

While I was working on the foundation I came up with an idea for a new series of postcards. I still have to send out from round 2 and round 3 offically started today so I have to get cracking.

Have #2 of the Round and Round series on the design board and almost done fusing. I want to get it put together with the preliminary backing and batting so I can work on quilting it while I am in Florida from February 9th- 21st. In that time I should be able to get most of the quilting done. This is a piece I hope to enter in the "Fine Art Quilts 2005" show. SInce the deadline isn't until May, I hope to get one other piece done also.

I joined the "Woman Made" Gallery in Chicago and received the Winter newsletter. I am very excited about this gallery and hope to visit there in April if I make it down there for the quilt show or wander down to visit my niece and nephew who are both students at Loyola (Andrea is in Med School and Adam an undergrad in Business- HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY ACE!!!!). Please be sure to check out the gallery's web site at: www.womanmade.org

Ok....time to relax with NCIS and my knitting!!

t


I am going to die at 74. When are you? Click here to find out!



Fiber Arts Bloggers
posted by Teri Springer @ 8:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Teri Springer
Home: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada
About Me: Studio Art Quilt Associates for the Atlantic Canada Region (New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island). Quote:Apples and Wine: Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough & smart enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Now Men... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the hell out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
See my complete profile

ATLANTIC CANADA WEBRING
<< PREV NEXT >>
[Join][Random][List Sites]


Webring is owned by
Fiber and Thread.
Previous | Next | List Sites


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1
 
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.